Introduction to dSLR Photography
THREE HOURS OF LEARNING and COFFEE.....THERE MUST BE COFFEE.
You could faff (that's a technical photography term!) around with your camera on AUTO and just continue to point and shoot and get okay photos and let some bloke in the camera factory determine what your camera settings should be.
Or you could spend 3 hours and get some basic pointers, get control of the camera and launch your photography to the next level.
Yep there's plenty of learning resources on the net, but sometimes it's just nice to get some in your face instruction with good coffee (did I mention Timber Cafe does great coffee?)
Once you get comfortable with the technical bits, you can enjoy your photography even more.
(Important note: This course is designed for those with a dSLR or similar camera capable of full manual mode photography. )
STAY TUNED for next course date.
- understanding the elements of correct exposure
- understanding your camera interface
- accessing camera settings via buttons and menus
- how to fully utilise the main features and functions of your camera
- how to control exposure and settings that affect exposure
- understanding ISO
- file formats, image quality, sizes
- how to use the white balance feature
- metering + photography exercises
WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR - Mark Wagenaar
(Australian Institute of Professional Photographers member and all round nice guy)